Old 03-19-2012, 06:32 AM
Candace

Yes. The spring needle works great. I hope Cathy can find a source. I'd go ahead and buy some more just to have extras. They are small and could get lost. Personally, I would never be able to get the results I do from treadling as I'm full on pedal to the metal. If I'm doing something very intricate I'll slow a little, but meandering or something like that? Full speed ahead! People that see me do it alway ask how many sewing machines I've burned out. I've not burned out a vintage machine yet!!

Yes, the spring will be a bit more dangerous than a true foot. I will have to be more careful. Over my career in sewing I've sewed a finger twice. I don't want to make it 3 times.

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Ok, I am starting to get caught up! Candace, you figured it out? You can now use your 319 for FM? I want to get one of those springs, but how much trouble is it to install? I have so many other machines to use for FM, that I doubt I'd ever use my 319, especially since it is in a treadle! When I do FM, I need to be sitting with a machine at the dinning room table because of the size of most of my quilts, unless it is a Quilt as You Go - which I do on my 15-88 treadle. How exciting, though. It would be fun to play with that spring thing, but it looks dangerous too!

By the way, you do a great job with FM! I am not as good as you are, but I do enjoy doing the FM! Congratulations on figuring out how to use the 'spring thing' with Cathy's help!

Nancy