Old 03-19-2012, 09:34 AM
starshine

I have. My husband has never been very good at selecting a gift for the most part, and doesn't usually remember dates of birthdays and our anniversary. He usually will have an idea that it may be coming up, but no idea when. In the past few years he has put a little more effort in it. We've been married 37 years.
Some time before our 25th anniversary I heard on a talk show or read that if your husband isn't the type to buy gifts or find out what you want, rather than getting upset about it just go get your own gift. So about a month before our 25th anniversary I was in a shop that had some hand made jewelry, and saw a silver bracelet and a pair of silver earrings that I liked and so I bought them as my own ann. gift. I didn't wrap them or even say anything about it. Just wore them when I felt like it. Some years later someone commented about my bracelet and I just said "I got it for my 25 anniversary". They probably assumed he bought it. The point of it is accept your husband as he is and if you need to do something for yourself go ahead and do what makes you happy.