View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Denise_the_Quilt_Lady

Thanks for all the thoughtful tips. Chair on wheels Check! I have two – one with arms – one without. The older one is actually more comfortable than the newer one and maybe it will get a pretty new cover. I do have a portable design wall that I made from three 4x8 sheets of pink insulation covered in flannel, dark one side, light on other, and hinged for ease of storage. I am hoping that the sliding doors to the big long closet can be designed to hold a design wall that slides to reveal the storage behind. Then I will have to find a new home for the old one. I will post pics of progress when we break ground. The architect is pulling the permits this week.
Originally Posted by paulswalia View Post
A chair on wheels was one of my best investments. And while I know all the arguments for getting up and walking to an ironing board, there are times when I LOVE being able to spin to the left and have cutting board then spin to the right and iron then back to center to sew. Think paper piecing! Second must have is my design wall- and I wish it ws bigger! Mine is 4x8 foot piece of insulation foam covered in craft felt and I wish it was double the size. And save some space for pretty stuff - it's good inspiration. I designed the room on graph paper as mentioned above and wasn't happy until I had reached my third or fourth design. Have Fun - keep us posted!