View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Denise_the_Quilt_Lady

OMG: where to put computer? I never thought about that, that’s one thing I have rethink! So glad you mentioned it. Thread? Not sure. I want to display some of my quilts, and my antiques, as well. May not have wall space to do thread that way. There is going to be lots of windows on two of the four walls. In the past I just threw it in baskets on shelves. I use those little tiny plastic bags from Hobby Lobby so they don’t collect dust or get all tangled. I am so totally naïve about what you mean by “Quilt inspectors”
We are planning an office space for hubby and a sitting area that connect to the studio through a large arch (no doors) I could try to fix it so when he is at his computer he can see me at my machine. I’ll have to think about the angles so I am glad you brought that up.
Originally Posted by QandE2010 View Post
Think also about the position of your computer and the light from outside. You'll want to make sure the sun isn't shining on your computer screen effectively blocking out your view of the screen. The rest of the ideas are excellent. Also where will your thread go? On the wall? on a cabinet? In a cabinet? If you have quilt inspectors, make sure they have a dedicated spot. What about an easy chair or love seat. My DH is fascinated with what I create, so many times he'll come into my room and we'll chat. He has his own chair out of my way & I enjoy having him around. (Mind you, he knows when things aren't going to plan, he best leave. And he does. LOL)
Good luck & share pictures along the way.