Thread: Orient Express
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 02:15 PM
works4me

Default Orient Express

On March 3 I found a quilt-along on sewwhatscooking.com. It uses the book Japanese Quilt Blocks With a Modern Twist. I decided to use some asian themed fabric I have as the feature fabric, black sashing, feature fabric borders and backing and to do the first 12 blocks only as I really don't want another large quilt top to try to stuff through my machine and each block finishes at 9 inches square.

I went through my stash, found the feature fabric and was surprised and a little dismayed to find I have about 20 different co-ordinating fabrics. I really need to use up some fabric.

Instructions for blocks 12 and 13 went up on the weekend. 12 is very simple and I may use it for my label. I finished block 13, played with the block arrangement, sewed on my sashing and, with a little feline "help", got the sandwich ready to go last night. I plan to quilt it this weekend.

Why Orient Express? Asian themed fabric, Japanese book and this is the fastest I have finished a quilt, ever.

This will be fun and bright up on the quilt wall which I see every time I walk in the front door.[ATTACH=CONFIG]321091[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails finished-quilt-top.jpg