Old 03-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Geri B

Originally Posted by GiGi View Post
I understand her frustration and disappointment; however, common sense would dictate that something as valuable as those quilts would not be left in any vehicle ever, especially overnight at a hotel/motel. A thief sees a suitcase and sees dollar signs. Maybe ten years ago, the vehicle would have been left alone; however, now days with so many people on drugs and out of work, this type of behavior unfortunately will escalate. Just at Christmas when the police tell everyone not to keep valuables in their vehicles due to thieves, this sound advice needs to be heeded all year around. This is just my opinion. Tks. G
Unfortunately, this statement is very true. Cars are being broken into while in their own driveways (mine) and since I don't leave anything of value in it-they took the garage door opener- which meant getting the garage door people to come out and reprogram and get me a new remote ($150) and also about 6 "used" Walmart gift cards, which I used for getting gas...but they were all down to zero balancer-ha, ha, to whomever...........Neighbor saw teens sitting on the curb at the house next door and really did not think about anything.........who knows.....now, however, I am really conscious of everything and everybody!!! and leave nothing in the vehicle no matter where I park.........not a good way to live, but things are not good these days.......