Old 03-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Christine27

Default The Quilt We Didn't Give & a Kendall's Mom Original

The first quilt below was my sis-in-law's 2nd quilt top ever. She used a pattern from a Learning to Quilt magazine. This winter, she added some borders with the plan to give it to a friend. After we got it on the frame and I started quilting, we didn't like the back with the brown thread on the blue fabric, so my sis-in-law remade the entire thing and I quilted it with a brown backing fabric. So, this is the one we didn't give away. Now that it's off the frame, it doesn't bother me so much, but at the time, it felt like a crisis. The other quilt was finished, washed, and given to her friend.

The second quilt below was an original by my sis-in-law, adapted and inspired by several other patterns. I was showing it to a friend out to lunch today and another gal fell in love with the backing fabric. She even took down my name and phone number. Another lady fell in love with the front. We haven't actually sold anything we've sewn or quilted, so it was flattering to have people love our work.

Thanks for looking! (It got a little windy tonight when we took our photos.)
Attached Thumbnails p1050909-2-.jpg   p1050947-2-.jpg   p1050916-2-.jpg   p1050936-2-.jpg