Thread: Special pillows
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 05:19 PM
faykilgore

Default Special pillows

I thought I had shared these, but I can't find the post, so I'll post them now. These are projects promised to my best friend YEARS ago and finally completed. The bears are from her daughter's favorite childhood shirt which she asked if i could make into a pillow to give her daughter's baby daughter. I immediately found a plaid that matched perfectly, but the challenge of making a 3-D knit shirt into a pillow intimidated me so much I just put them away. The rabbits are leftovers from the baby quilt we made together for the first grandchild. She did the applique, I put the blocks together and did the quilting. I feared she would not get the rabbits done in time, so I did a couple in case they were needed. I am very proud of her, she got all nine of them done in time, so I had leftover rabbits. I intended to make a matching pillow, but that's as far as that got. So, 6 years later, when I moved my sewing room, I found these and decided it was time. My friend was SO surprised when I sent them to her. She plans to give them to the grandkids for Easter. Thanks for letting me share my accomplishment!
Attached Thumbnails img_8233.jpg   img_8235.jpg   img_8236.jpg