Old 03-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Nanamoms

Originally Posted by Weedwoman View Post
Been reading everything everybody posts, enjoy it all. I've been busy make more miniature quilts because I've run out of room for big ones and I've made and given all my grandkids bed sized quilts. I am going to make all my greats (4 so far) bed sized ones soon. I've made them all crib sized ones. I'm into piecing by hand so I have something to do while TV is on (fall asleep otherwise).
I do have a long arm quilting machine and I love to use the Essential Pro thread from Connecting Threads (no affiliation) it's 70 weigh 3 ply and comes in many colors. My vintage machines love it also, my computerized Brother likes it on top but not in the bobbin. Just thought I'd toss that info in about the thread in case anybody wants to try a really thin, strong thread. Another good thing is the price is very affordable.
Hi, Weedwoman, thanks for recommendation of the 70wt thread. I have a Brother machine and find that none of the thread brands I've bought work that well in my Brother!! It always seems too thick, no matter the size of needle. I'm going to give this brand a try. I'm ok with the bobbin thread (Brother brand) and my machine works well with it. I use 50 wt and 90 wt for the bobbin.

None of the shops in my area carries the thread so on-line I will go!! Thanks!!