Old 03-19-2012, 09:14 PM
purplemem

I am on my second BOM. My first I went every month, but never once cut or sewed the fabric. I bought the finishing kit and it is all sitting on a shelf in my sewing room. I don't like the colors (I was going to give it for a wedding present as the bride loves the colors) and when I saw the setting and blocks I didn't like the multiple cuts. Each block was 20 inches and it had multiple mitered borders, not for beginners. It is now a someday project.

On this BOM I picked I loved the colors. However, I did not realize that there were extra blocks to make each month. What started as $10 a month took another $65 for the "extra blocks" and borders, and a matching backing was another $80. For me, this is a very expensive quilt. $120 plus $65 plus $80 plus professional quilting when completed.

I do, however, like the comraderie of the other quilters, the show and tell before each lesson, and the monthly routine of girls day out. Will I do next year's project? Hm, I don't know. We have only 1 quilt shop in the area for about 100 miles so I don't have many choices or opportunities for party times. The verdict is still out on this one.