Old 03-20-2012, 04:42 AM
lillistaylor

Hello all, I was recently given this machine as a donation to a quilting bee I run in a neighborhood here in Birmingham, AL. I've only started sewing regularly in the past three years and this is my first machine with the winding mechanism for the bobbin in the bobbin housing.

Last week we used the machine for the first time. It came to me directly from the Singer store here in town and I know the technician there and he's great. We started sewing with it and it ran like a dream. As soon as the bobbin emptied though, we were in trouble. I don't have the manual so I tried doing things intuitively (which might be my whole problem...could I have messes something up?) to no avail.

I found this post last week and was thrilled to have such detailed instructions to follow. I followed them to a T and wasn't able to get the machine threaded properly. Also, I hand wound the bobbin and placed it in the machine with all of the threads going in the proper direction and when I tried sewing, the thread on the bottom of the fabric (the one fed by the bobbin) was extremely loose, leaving huge loops of thread in between each stitch. I adjusted tension and anything else I could adjust but we never got it sewing properly again.

If anyone has any further instructions - I know the ones above are incredibly clear and detailed - or knows what I'm doing wrong - I'd greatly appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks so much,
Lillis