View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 05:17 AM
Judi in Ohio

Originally Posted by jeemmerling621 View Post
I rent a longarm at my LQS and was quilting today (I.e. with headphones and tuned out to the world). A customer comes into the classroom where the longarms are and gets my attention and proclaims that what I am doing "is cheating, and defiling my quilt". I literally stood there speechless. She was in her 80's (I'm guessing) and has probably only ever hand quilted, but her total lack of filter just baffled me.

I had to get that off my chest I am so glad we all do our own thing on the Board and respect each other's amazing work!
You know, it isn't the fact that she thought it, it's the fact she said it out loud, right in front of you. What nerve. Feel how you like, but don't judge others - it's None of Her business! Yes? If you had asked, it would have been a good give and take - I can appreciate an opinion. But that is very quilt policey and condemning. You are a better person than me, young or old, manners dictate that you don't demean anothers work. I'm proud of you for holding it in, I'm afraid I wouldn't have and the term old-bat may have escaped. lol
Judi