Old 09-01-2009, 06:50 PM
JoanneS

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I have a walking foot. It works great. With my machine I don't believe that I can use both at the same time. The walking foot will help evenly feed your fabrics, the ditch foot is nice for keeping you along the ditch but won't evenly feed from top and bottom.
Unless, of course, you have one of those machines that have a walking foot that can also have a ditch foot at the same time. Don't know what that one is but someone on here mentioned it sometime or other.
Pfaffs have built-in walking foot, called IDF - Integrated Dual Feed - so you don't have to fiddle with an attachment. I can use my Stitch-in-ditch foot with it. Great combo. I would be hard-pressed to say WHICH is my favorite. I bought my first Pfaff specifically because of the IDF. You can do all the fancy stitches you want, as wide as you want, with absolutely NO uneven creeping of the fabric.

I use the SID foot for more than just SID - move the needle to do top-stitching; use the zigzag to sew batting pieces together; sew rows of decorative stitches or quilting - you can move the needle to make thhem different distances apart; edge-stitch OFF the edgeof an already hemmed edge (eg a sleeve or neckline or lingerie) with the hemming stitch to make a scalloped edge.