Old 03-20-2012, 08:40 AM
gardnergal970

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Me too ... I hated lawn mowing ... if I was racing the machine at full clip, I could get it done in 7 hours! But that didn't happen too often, as meals had to be prepared, barn chores, field work, etc. We had too many trees to go around that it seemed to take forever going around them. RoundUp did a good job there though, to not have to go too close. It was just an always job ... and you never finished it up at once,

However, on a "perfect" weather day ... I enjoyed the "getaway" from the world as I cut the grass ..... and that was usually a time when I could take my time and go at a reduced pace!

And to think QNSue has already done her first grass cutting!

Brown and perhaps a beige for the cornerstones?
I think you guys are still talking about the FW quilt...I have kind of a coppery brown for sashing and a deep tan for cornerstones. While I don't have all of my blocks done, I have put sashing and cornerstones on 2 sides of each block so I can still shuffle them around to get the placing that pleases me. It's all in a project box for a couple of months. Deadlines for other quilts loom in May/June.