Old 03-20-2012, 11:42 AM
melinda1962

Originally Posted by Denise_the_Quilt_Lady View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]321187[/ATTACH]This is my favorite machine. LOL. It is in wonderful condition in spite of it's age. Light, and easy to carry, sews perfect straight lines. and will look nice displayed in my soon to be studio which will have a vinage look to it. This machine once belonged to my 83 year old mother's aunt. She bought it when she was in her 20's. I'm guessing it is about 90 years old.
Welcome, Denise!

Your machine is such a cutie. I have a black one, but am always looking out for a white one at a price I can afford. The serial number is under the edge of the machine, and you can go to http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...-database.html and find out exactly when your machine was made, and mark that page, so you can always refer back to it when you find other machines. I enjoy looking at them, and like learning. I mean, I could let you tell me your serial number and me tell you the info, but it will be more fun for you to find out for yourself. I try to always use the "teach a man to fish..." philosophy. I hope you post pictures of your retro sewing room when you get it done.

Melinda