Old 03-20-2012, 12:07 PM
readerquilter

Unhappy Is there any hope for photo quilt blocks???

I was asked to help make a memory photo block quilt for a retiring teacher and said yes I would along with 2 other friends. I informed the person who asked us to do it that the photos needed to be printed on photo transfer fabric sheets which she purchased and I also told her she had to print them using an ink jet printer. She took care of getting photos on sheets and sent them to us and we started assembling the quilt blocks but discovered that we had some black marks on backing fabric as we were doing the Fun and Done blocks. I worried about it and then finally called the person who printed the photos and she told me she printed them using a laser printer not an ink-jet printer (she really didn't know the difference, she said). We have 22 blocks done and now this problem. Is there any way to rescue the blocks and get rid of the black toner that is coming off the pictures onto the fabric? I called the company that makes the fabric sheets (June Taylor) and they could not give me any help except to rinse the block in cold water and try to get rid of toner marks but when we did this on only one block the lettering and pictures are fading away. Guess this is what happens when too many quilters get involved in a project. Would appreciate any insight into possible solutions.