View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 03:19 PM
jigs1354

Thanks Izy for the information on the shams you posted. I'll have to do one and see if it comes out as beautiful as yours. That is really something to do on your Janome, I have a Janome too and like it more every day. Mine is the DC1050. Just had the machine not even 5 months yet. It's a light weight and would have liked it a bit heftier, but my other machine died the same day so needed one that day, Oh well, thanks again for the shams idea. Will have to make a couple this year.
jigs1354 TN.

Originally Posted by Izy View Post
Thanks for the compliments jigs! I never use patterns...all my quilting just evolves.

I made up the pillow sham tops, layered them up with double layer of poly wadding to give a bit more loft and stiffness. I made envelope backs, just basically overlapping two pieces right sides out, stitched all around, then added binding to finish. I quilted one HST/4 patch width from the outside edge to create an 'Oxford' style of pillow sham. I have a Janome 9000, not much throat space but I have managed to quilt over 90 x 90 quilts through there phew!