Old 03-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Honchey

Default THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 12 Cake Stand & Christmas Tree Discussion Page

Week 12...We've been at it for almost 3 months...What a relief to be able to do 2 blocks this week without a hitch....

Letter # 7

Letters of the Week #7--Billy Siskin; Lawrence County, South Dakota </pre>
</pre>
Unfortunately, I can find very little about cute Billy, the winner of "Bullet."His full name was William M. Siskin and he was born in 1907. He was the eldestof three sons; Harry was six years younger, and Thomas sixteen years younger.Considering how small he looks in his pictures, it wouldn't surprise me if hewas an only child when he won "Bullet."Billy's father, Maurice, was born 1858 in New York; and his mother, Marie, wasborn in 1865 in Iowa. Although Billy's maternal grandparents (Marie's parents)were both born in Ameica, Maurice's parents were both born in Russia.The last records that can be found of Billy were in the 1930 census. He and histwo brothers were living with their parents in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Correction:I have no idea where my brain was, but I got the dates all wrong for Billy'sparents. The corrected dates: Maurice was born in 1881; and Marie was born in1888. That would put Marie at 35 years old when her youngest was born. Thanksfor checking my math! </pre>