Old 03-20-2012, 05:34 PM
thepolyparrot

I just got them and I'm using them for my next quilt, which needs 8200 HST blocks. I usually use Triangulations, but the most 2" finished blocks that I can get per sheet is 12 with Triangulations, where the strips of LBQ HST papers give you 28 blocks - more than twice as many means less time making 2" blocks.

These papers aren't any different than other HST foundation papers except that they don't have the little cut lines to remove the bunny ears before you press the squares open. They work just fine.

There are places on the web where you can print out different sizes on your own paper to get a feel for whether or not you like dealing with paper foundations. Some people don't like them, some do - I'm addicted to them, I'm afraid. I have grown fond of having most of my points intact and not floating.

Try this site if you want to give it a whirl: http://www.quiltingandwhatnot.ca/Hal...-Triangle.html

The advantage to Triangulations is that you have patterns for a TON of sizes in 1/16" increments, plus flying geese.

The advantage to LBQ papers is that you can do so many more at one time.