View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Cyndi H

Originally Posted by wendsy View Post
Just to let everyone know when sending squishes (especially to me) if it gets caught in a machine along the way, more postage is needed. I find that if you fold the material the fit the envelope you have a better chance of it arriving fine. The machines around me must love to eat the envelopes-I have had to pay postage due on a few envelopes that have "tread" marks on them-the envelopes were taller than the 1/4" permitted by the 45 or 65 stamp. The clerk at my post office told me that the 45 stamp was for paper correspondence, nothing else-and they are pretty strict. I found a larger envelope, business sizes (for the F8ths) or 4 X 6 (for the finished blocks-those seams can get thick!)work well and I've been able to send them off for regular postage. Flatter is better
So the problem is that the post office employees all interpret the "rules" differently. It really chaps my hide when MY post office employee accepts my envelope for mailing - says it's fine, and some smart aleck on the other end takes it upon himself/herself to disagree and force the receiver to pay postage due. There is absolutely nothing I can do about it on my end. I'm not going to overrule my guy just because someone else on the other end might. The 45¢ stamp is for any envelope that fits through the template - not just paper. It says so on the template. You could have plastic, leather, fabric, anything you want - in the envelope - as long as it fits through the template. Why have a template if you're just going to make up your own rules? Ack. At any rate, I have yet to pay postage due here on my end, and I hope no one's had to pay it for mine on your end.