Old 03-21-2012, 03:10 AM
carriem

QuiltE...so many questions...

1st above you asked about hearing from PC receivers and meeting/hearing from one of them. So far Laurie has had contact with a daughter and a DIL of a couple different people. Not yet found one who is still a live. She mentioned that the 1940 census is coming out soon and that will help her with her research.

*How was our experience*? LOTS AND LOTS of FUN!! Laurie was so nice and very easy to talk to. We all (I went with 2 friends) wished she had more time to talk...time went way too fast! She showed several FW magazine covers and had lots of interesting things to tell us about her research for the children. Crystal took lots of pictures, so when she sends some to me I will post them...where is a good place? This thread?

*On seeing the originals* They were GREAT! So much better to see in person. The book does a good job getting the colors/details but it still isn't the same as IRL. After seeing the FW I might even try that one when I get the PC done.

*Inspired*--YES!! I can't wait to sew again!!!!

There is a quilt shop in WI who is doing the PC as a BOM...6-8 blocks each month if I remember correctly. They had 32 blocks so far...assembled with cornerstornes and sashing. They had some fun novelty fabric in their kits.

Speaking of sashing...I found the perfect red to use! I will use it as my background when I get my next block finished...maybe this Friday since I have time to sew then. I really want to get to doing at least 2 a week! Next week isn't so busy and my new migraine meds might be working by then so maybe... Oh and there is a nice navy in the same print I will keep in mind for my 2nd quilt (I am making 2 twins).

Need to get some ironing done..

Carrie