View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 07:30 AM
aberi

Talking Winnie the Pooh Quilt for Baby Jordy!

I just want to thank Kathy and Kim members on this board, so much for sending me the winnie the pooh pieces. .I wanted to make a quilt for my bosses' daughter and she had told me the baby room would be green and yellow, and that if I could find the original winnie the pooh ( without the red shirt) she would really appreciate it . She said if not she would love anything I made. I have not seen the room or the colours, as she lives 3 hours away. So I was picking colours and layout blindly. I looked all over my home town, Windsor, and even went to Michigan.. I could only find the blue material on the back of the quilt with the original winnie the pooh. I decided to post in the wanted section on this board a request for any antique winnie the pooh material over a month ago. True to the nature of this board within two days I received two replies , one from Kathy and one from Kim telling me they had material. I was so excited to receive their cutoff! When it first arrived I didn't know what I was going to do with it... I took it to my quilting teacher Judy and she helped me to decide on a design for the blocks! Thankyou Judy!! you are the best! I am quite busy so it has taken me a month to find the time to get it all together...This is the first time I have attempted meandering .. and although I'm sure you ladies with quilters eyes will see the mistakes, the giftee doesn't quilt and the best compliment of all was when she called me at work this morning crying and telling me that it was perfect and matched the baby's room exactly! She said she couldnt have picked something better.... I told her about this board and how Kathy and Kim sent me the material... She said to make sure I thank you for your contributions to a family treasure!
Attached Thumbnails picture-whole-quilt-top.jpg   picture-top-showing-meandering-pooh-pictures.jpg   picture-bottom-border-front.jpg   picture-back.jpg   picture-back-showing-quilting.jpg  

another-picture-back-showing-quilting.jpg   picture-border-meandering.jpg  

Last edited by aberi; 03-21-2012 at 07:47 AM. Reason: need to add pictures