Old 03-21-2012, 07:48 AM
dunster
Power Poster

First off, I love CT and find myself buying more and more from them. They have their own designers and apparently deal directly with the fabric manufacturers to make fabrics to their specifications. The quality is good, but the designs are not as spectacular and color-rich as from some of the top fabric makers. They typically use few colors, often only two or three. I think we may be seeing a change in this soon, since they've signed Jody Houghton with the Sisterhood of Quilters line. (See my earlier post - http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...c-t156878.html.) But the point is, they are paying less for their fabrics, partly because of simpler printing. Then they have cut out most of the chain of people who add to the cost, and they sell only online. I have several LQS to choose from, but they can't match the selection or the price that I can get online, and frankly I get more inspiration and help online (and from the guilds and quilt shows) than I do from the LQS. That's sad, but I guess it's a sign of the times.