Old 03-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Denise_the_Quilt_Lady

I love mine and what i like most about it is that it really sews a straight line. But I have been told that the newer models, if you look closely, they are designed to actually zig zag a tiny bit even when you set them to sew a straight line. This means that if you are doing miniatures or tiny paper piecing your seams will not show as much on the finished product. I also love how partable it is.
Originally Posted by karensue View Post
Well last Saturday while at sewing store hubby saw a Singer featherweight and was intrigued by it. So since past this Saturday he has purchased 2 on eBay. They are suppose to be in good working condition and were made in 1937 and 1949. They are the 221 model. As I have only been able to sew on computerized sewing machines in the past 10 years (I kinda "stunk" at threading and tensions on mechanical ones).
So am I in BIG trouble ?????? I have no idea if I am even going to be able to thread thiese things (they both do have manuals). Where on earth am I going to start on these? Are these machines easy or hard to use?
Thanks for any help.
Karen