Old 03-21-2012, 03:02 PM
barbo117

Default Ode to spring and Ugh to spring cleaning!

Well, here it is again, Spring! I have had such a wonderful time all winter long sewing and quilting. But as they say all good things have to come to an end! Next week and for about 2 weeks total I will be doing my bi-annual house cleaning. I always give it a good "one" in the Spring. Curtains, windows, floors, carpets, ceiling fans, cleaning and straightening closets and cupboards, moving the fridge, stove, washer and dryer to get to all the accumulated winter dust. Ugh, my back hurts just thinking about it. I have been putting this off as long as I could. My excuses have run out. I have usually started by now, close to be finished but just wanted to complete a few more quilting projects "before". Gosh is was so wonderful just doing the bare minimum for 5 months so that I could rush back to my little sewing room. Oh the peace and quiet, just me and my "girls". Goodbye my sweet Singer 301, farewell Janome, you girls take a little much needed rest. We will pick up where we left off in a few weeks. I really do love Spring, really I do!