Old 03-21-2012, 04:23 PM
arlenelawrence

Default I did it!

Crafty Bear, my sewing area looked like WW3 (couldn't see the floor - that bad) for over one year and I couldn't find the motivation to sew all the projects I started. Well, I cleaned and organized it in one dedicated day plus a few follow-up touches the next few days. What a difference! It takes up much less space when fabric is folded and categorized (whatever method you like). Now, I go into the sewing area just to sit there and stare at it! Oh, and my sewing motivation has come back!

One thing I did: put all fabric in clear containers, small and large. Fat quarters in clear plastic boxes that salad mixes come in (or clear plastic shoe boxes). The same for notions: zippers, seam binding, ribbon, buttons, etc. Unfinished projects are contained in their own containers. (now to get those finished doesn't seem so unrealistic).

So, it is true that a cleaned up area makes a huge difference in ability and motivation to sew. I'm so happy that I finally did it! I hope this helps someone out there to do the same.

By the way, I never thought I had enough time to do this, but once I started, the path became clearer and easier. It makes me think of the adage "take it one step at a time" or "put one foot in front of the other."

Thanks for thinking of us with the link you gave!
A Happy Hoosier Lady