Old 03-21-2012, 05:53 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

CarrieM ... on I know I always hace a gazillion questions. Remember, curiosity killed the cat!!! Though remember too, the cat has nine lives!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your newsy news of your LAH GTG!!! I was more "kidding" than anything about her finding a PC recipient, being that they'd be over 100 years by now. I just think it'd be a really neat thing, if one of the family members showed up here amidst this group! I really give her credit for "caring" to search out the individuals and their stories. Not many would do that, I'm sure.

I think it'd be such an incredible experience to meet LAH ... sure gives you the personal connection and interest now. As you said, inspired ... and chances are that isn't even a strong enough word for it all. And to be able to see the "real" PC and FWS quilts, it must have been amazing. I'm sure there are very few of us who have seen the work of others doing these quilts. I know I haven't. Although my LQS is now working on some blocks for a sample and hopefully run a PC club in-shop. Don't worry ladies, I'm not jumping ship!!

Good for you for taking your blocks for show and tell ... were there a lot of others with blocks/quilts to show?

We'll all be looking forward to seeing your pics of your day with LAH ... when you get them!

Yeaaaaaaa for getting that perfect sashing! And did you nab the perfect cornerstones too? and setting triangles?

Take care ... and please get over that migraine ... then sew up a storm!!