Old 03-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Scissor Queen

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
nope 57 is not old at all, at least not from where i sit. and speaking of skydiving, i went to celebrate my 35th birthday. i had seen those guys that use skate boards in their jumps so i had my mind set on doing a somersault from the plane. i couldnt find anyone to go with me until i finally talked my older brother to go jump with me.

needless to say my brother was scared outta his wits (but he did jump outta the plane eventually) and i was too pumped up to think about anything else. i did a tandem jump (someone [instructor] is attached to you) on a cold november day at 14,000 feet. i did my somersault with a red baron soaring descent (arms pulled back with head up) and i was having so much fun i forgot to pull my chute chord. good thing an instructor was attached but i had a ball and want to go again. enjoy your jump.

jcrow the first 17 quilts i made i did not use a pattern. i made them lap size and "designed" them as i was sewing them. i cut my pieces and put back together as if i was assembling a puzzle (which i enjoy). i dont really use patterns now to make my quilts, i see pics or quilts i like and then recreate my own version of them, including what size to make my strips, blocks, settings, etc. there are some quilts i would like to make that i know i may need a pattern for but until that time comes..... i do my own thing. i also have graph paper and colored pencils but sometimes i use excel to design to 'color' squares and work on placements. you can do anything you want and any boo-boos you think you are making you can just consider unique design elements. enjoy.

One of the biggest advantages to designing your own quilts is nobody know how it's "supposed" to look!! Since nobody but you knows what it's supposed to look like you're free to change things as you go along.