Old 03-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Denise_the_Quilt_Lady

I too am designing a new studio. Which is why i am combing this blog. I much prefer a design wall that does not have to be put up to get into the closet. I am hoping i will have four big sliding doors on the front of a 16 foot long closet. Two sliding doors for finished quilt display and two for a huge design wall. we'll see. i plan to be a real stickler when the carpenters start that kind of stuff.
Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I agree with all the quilters. But lighting is my biggest friend. I have 11 lights in my quilting room. It makes all the difference in the world. I have 2 wooden hanging ruler holders I can't live without. And I have a disappearing design wall that I put above my closet doors. It's in a wooden case above the doors and when you pull it down, it's like the old fashioned blinds, except they glued flannel to the front. I put my quilt blocks on it as I go and when I need to get into the closet, I just pull on it and it rolls up into its case, with the blocks on it. There is a shelf at the top where you can display anything you want. I see the ad for this "Disappearing Design Wall" in lots of quilt magazines but I bet if you just typed that in to google search, the site would pop up.