View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 06:18 AM
LindaMRB

Default Red quilt making progress!

I posted this once before because I was having problems and did not like the borders I had bought (and cut!) and even sewed on.

Well I bought more fabric, finished it, bought batting and discovered the quilt was too large for the backer and batting. AND I still had issues with what I had done.
So back to the drawing board.
I removed the 2-inch green border, sewed the 6-inch border and 2-inch cream back and because the quilt is not square (who knew?), I ran out of the cream strip by about 1/2 inch!! I could have pieced it but decided to add the color square in the corner instead.
I STILL could add the other 6-inch border all the way around, but am thinking I don't want to.

I'm thinking about that bright red batik (already used in the centers and some 2-inch borders, etc.) for the binding. The backer is plain muslin, no pattern.

So I welcome thoughts from fellow quilters!

FYI, I knew from the beginning I liked the monochromatic design and when I went with a green border it was at the suggestion of a store clerk who thought I should not make a monochromatic quilt...

I already have a use in mind for the unused fabric so not to worry!