Old 03-22-2012, 03:36 PM
Monroe

Default Pheasant Decal Singer Probably Heading My Way

Almost a done deal- waiting for a final phone call. Got my fingers and toes crossed. Found a nice Pheasant Singer treadle online thats almost 3 1/2 hours away and after trying to put it out of my mind for days, I finally yielded to temptation and called. It's really too far for me to drive due to bad knees, but was going to try the trip. The gentleman was willing to ship just the head, but hated to part it out since it was his Grammy's. I hated the thought of it too, not to mention the risk of damage. On the off chance I asked if he knew anyone who was traveling my way and he'd just made a deal for selling some mechanical parts to someone who lives only an hour away from me. And he'll accept PayPal! So- tomorrow I'll know if this weekend I can drive a little over 2 hours round trip instead of 7! I'm thrilled the gentleman is so nice. I'll need to remind him to remove the head and drawers. Total cost will be about $100. Scary to spend so much without being able to see it in person, but I'm blaming it on the overabundance of sunshine causing March Madness. This Group has been a wonderfully bad influence on me. I now want almost every machine I see, and really can't afford to buy any of them. Even the crappiest machine and cabinet seem be a candidate for rehabilitation through some of you miracle workers. This one looks to be in very good shape, so I'm trying to believe it will all work out. I'll ask the seller to include a note about his Grammy so I can keep some history with the machine. I'd like to name it Millie for my Mom, or maybe Eunice for my Great Aunt who taught me to treadle many years ago. Til now I've only named some of my cars- the Tomato Soup Can (orangish red VW Squareback), The Great Pumpkin (orange Volvo Wagon).
I haven't found much about the Pheasant Singers online, but I don't think the birds really look like pheasants at all. Don't think I'll sleep much tonight.