Old 03-23-2012, 08:08 AM
QuiltingCrazie

Default Stash building fabric of the month clubs....Worth it?

So I'm starting this with a happy dance because I have been without internet for two days and I thought the world had ended...it didn't and I survived!

So in November I started doing a Moda fat quarter of the month club with Keepsake Quilting (not affiliated with just shop there alot). I love Moda so I thought this will be great and I'll get new fabric and build a stash plus it fit into my budget. So over the past couple months got a couple shipments and I wondered what I was thinking letting people pick fabric out for me and I will never use this, not my style. Love moda quality but every manufacturer has fabric that fits you and some that doesn't. Today again with no internet I decided to cut all the pieces for this memory quilt for my Aunt. Her color scheme was nothing I had, I have been buying for this quilt and low and behold i need a tiny bit of color so it dawns on me look at those fat quarters because i didn't need much and wow ones I thought I would never use worked beautifully I laid it out and even I'm impressed with how perfect it is! I ended up using three. So I have decided that it is worth it because it opens my horizons to fabric prints that i would never buy and I realize I would have lost that moment where a quilt just smiles at you!!! I will post pics when I'm finished...Thanks