Old 03-23-2012, 08:42 AM
nurseknitsLaura

Donna- I spent a lot of brain cells trying to figure out the Singer number system- like, did-1 mean one thing, and -2 another, across the different models. The best I can figure, it does not. Singer named their machines with numbers. So, 99, 101, 15, 201, etc are the names of the models. Any numbers that come after a dash, like 15-91 is a Model 15, with the slight variations of a potted motor (for example). Some models were made longer than others. Some have better reputations than other, but for everyone has their particular favorites. Once the Machines began to have names ( touch and Sew) instead of numbers, it all sort of went bad. Once I made myself figure out what each machine I owned was, it got easier. I still go to the Sandman page when I get confused. The picture gallery at ISMACS is helpful, too. Hope this helps! Laura
Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Donna,

My best suggestion is to google for information on sewing machines, Singer, Singer 201, Singer 66, Singer decals, etc., and start reading what is on the internet. There is such a wealth of information that can be found on the internet. There are free copies of Singer manuals that can be copied from net.

Please also feel free to post photos of your machines here and any projects that you have made using that machine!!