Thread: Pillow Topper
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 04:25 PM
Tiffany

The raffle will start once everyone has turned in the toppers and they've been quilted. We'll sell tickets for approx. a year and it gets raffled off in April of 2009, which is when our next quilt show is. Previously all of the money was donated to charity but this year the Board has voted to put half the money back into the guild to bring in national instructors. I believe Sandy Bonsib will be teaching a workshop right around the time of the quilt show. Wahoo! I'm very excited about bringing in more nationally known instructors and having more workshops. I can't complain now though because we have an amazing amount of local talent to draw from, so we really have the best of both worlds.

The May pillow topper isn't far enough along for me to post a picture of it yet. My friend Marsha came up with the concept, created the pattern, and now we worker bees are appliqueing it and bringing it to life. I'll post a picture once it is actually together. I agree with you and if I won, I'd turn both of them into wall hangings! :!:
~Tiffany