Thread: changing emails
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 04:14 PM
butterflywing

Default emails

Originally Posted by damaquilts View Post
Hello Subscriber
On this page, you can update your e-mail address, change the frequency of the newsletter, change your display name or completely unsubscribe.
[HR][/HR]Change Your Subscription Frequency You are currently signed up for the QuiltingBoard.com message board digests. You can control the frequency of QuiltingBoard.com message board digests by entering your email address, selecting your subscription frequency and submitting.
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Email Address:[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 3"]Change Your Subscription Frequency[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Daily[/TD]
[TD]Every Other Day[/TD]
[TD]Once Per Week[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2, align: right"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[HR][/HR]Change Your Display Name You are currently signed up for the QuiltingBoard.com message board digests. You can change the display name used in your personalized email messages by entering your email address and selecting a new display name.
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]First Name:[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[HR][/HR]Unsubscribe From This List You are currently signed up for the QuiltingBoard.com message board digests. You can remove your subscription by entering your email address and submit.
[TABLE]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
This is where it takes me. Will email Patrice. I see everything but changing email addy but I may be reading it wrong.
you can re-register under a new email and username. add a number to your old username so people recognize you and also announce it. when you see that all is going smoothly with your new name and address, just unsubscribe your old info from the board. it should allow you to start fresh.

do you keep a separate email address for hobby stuff (quilting, sewing, crafting, etc.?) if you don't, you might consider it for safety. i always had two email address, one being hotmail. the hotmail was hacked. shortly after it happened, there was a big writeup in the NY Times about hotmail being hacked often. i was really glad i didn't have any home info on that address. now i have gmail, with all different contacts than my 'real' address and my own name as a contact. if it gets hacked (not likely with mac) i'll know immediately on my real email address.