Thread: changing emails
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 04:23 PM
damaquilts

Originally Posted by butterflywing View Post
you can re-register under a new email and username. add a number to your old username so people recognize you and also announce it. when you see that all is going smoothly with your new name and address, just unsubscribe your old info from the board. it should allow you to start fresh.

do you keep a separate email address for hobby stuff (quilting, sewing, crafting, etc.?) if you don't, you might consider it for safety. i always had two email address, one being hotmail. the hotmail was hacked. shortly after it happened, there was a big writeup in the NY Times about hotmail being hacked often. i was really glad i didn't have any home info on that address. now i have gmail, with all different contacts than my 'real' address and my own name as a contact. if it gets hacked (not likely with mac) i'll know immediately on my real email address.
Oh that is what I was afraid of. Oh well. Maybe I will just leave it at the yahoo. and go back and forth. I wanted to change everything over because yahoo AGAIN deleted All my emails. yes after a few days and writing them I got them back but still its a pain.