View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 08:03 PM
leggz48

Default Museum Fundraiser

I was tasked with coming up with a fund raising idea for our local museum. Our local quilt guild had a fun project last year where each of us took a turn, every other week, at ‘instructing’ everyone else on our favorite quilt block. We had traditional piecing, appliqué, paper-piecing, etc. So, I asked my friends if they would be interested in completing their favorite quilt block for the museum fundraising quilt. I bought some ‘inspiration” fabric in blue hues and a light blue for background. I cut each fabric into some swatches and gave each color to my friends and asked them to use their blue stash to complete the blocks. When I got them back, I squared them up and sashed them in navy blue. Then I used the inspiration fabric as a wide border. Although I know some quilters think using sheets as backing is a no-no, but I found a nice quality navy blue sheet, used navy blue King Tut thread and quilted a free motion loops & circles design, then finished it up with hand binding. Here is a photo of the quilt guild members and the finished quilt.
Attached Thumbnails museum-quilters.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-30-2012 at 02:39 PM. Reason: PM to member