View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 09:58 PM
quiltlady1941

Thanks everyone for your advice... I really can't afford to send this quilt to a LAQ and that is why I am going to try and do QAYG and hope for the best. So far I am just to the point of laying out the block to see where they will all fit. Some of my blocks are 15x15 and some a little bigger. Boy this man was big! LOL.... Anyway as the blocks are not all the same size this is a little hard for me to fit them all in and have them look good.

You all gave me a lot of tips so that will help me , I'll remember the ball point needle and also try and go between the designs and not over them.
This is my first try at this kind of a quilt. I usually have a pattern to go by and I'm just winging it on this one..I have looked at lots of t shirt quilts and that has helped out a lot.

This is just a little scary as the shirts were my friends hubby that pass away about a year ago, and if I make a bobo in the sewing or cutting I can't go out and get more t shirts as what I have is it. So that scares me a little, but I am giving it a good old girl scout try and hope for the best..LOL ..

A friend just show me a different way she does her QAYG without strips between the blocks, I really like her way and will give that a try too. Boy all these new things all at once is scary..LOL Thanks eveyone for your help, this forum is the greatest! and so are all of you. Thanks a lot ...
Bossross your quilt is beautiful and I hope mine comes out half as good Thanks for sharing..