View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Pepita

I made the hop to it quilt. I did this quilt in a class to learn how to applique. I still haven't finished it..although all the blocks are made. I have changed the border and am adding applique to it too. As is, it Might be big enough for a single bed, so I need to make it a bit bigger. I actually made the 1/2 sq trangles around the quilt in blues and purples, and lights and thought it overwhelmed the quilt.

I will tell you that I love Edyta Sitar's quilts she isn't the greatest on some of the details. Such as, the size of the blocks. The blocks are mentioned somewhere as 12inch blocks. I ended up remaking my center because I had made it a 12inch square. So my next ones were all about 14inch so I could cut them down! Finally somewhere in the book there is something that says that the blocks finish at 11 1/2. The blocks around the squares, I didn't find the size--I just figured out what I would n eed for a 121/2inch or 12 inch finished block (I wasn't about to go with a 11 1/2 at that point.)