View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 07:56 AM
Lioness3xs

I purchased a small plastic storage chest with wheel on the bottom. The top 2 drawers are shallow and the other drawers are deeper. I keep all my rulers that will fit in the top drawer. The next drawer holds my rotary cutters their add ons. The next drawers hold the fabrics and extras for my current project. The top of the chests doubles as a cutting mat rest. The whole unit can be rolled out of the way and under my sewing table (which is an old dining room table). My larger rulers are kept in a ruler storage rack on the side of my cutting area. The smallest rulers, that are always getting lost, are kept beside the ruler rack in a plastic ziploc storage bowl. I keep the lid with it because when I have to move them, the lid keeps them all together and other things out. My 1x6 and 1x12 olfa rulers are kept right with my sewing machine in a notions holder that a friend made for me out of a coffee can base and fabric pocket covering. I also put all my ruler and notion instructions together in a plastic storage box, otherwise they are always lost as well. I know it sounds like alot of areas, but I know exactly where to look for each item. It just makes since with the way that I use my space. Which is the best tip, is to think about how you really use your space, and put things in away that works for your way of quilting.