Thread: Wagon Wheel
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 09:08 AM
huntannette

oh wow....such patience...it will look awesome..can`t wait to see it all finished!!
Originally Posted by Rosyhf View Post
After I made the block, I realized that I needed to have a hexagon shaped block.

I then decided to start over. I know I can use that first block and the other patches that I cut, to make pillows etc for the same quilt. I plan to make a king size, summer quilt, The size of the block will finish at 16.5, so it will go fast.

I searched Block Base for a hex with 12 wedges and found one. It is #272. I pulled it into EQ and deleted all the parts except for three templates and changed them to size 19 in EQ. The templates were the perfect size.

This block has a button in the middle. I cut just a few patches this time lol..I made the block and decided to put the button on too. For the button I picked a blue like in the book. I traced the template and sewed on iron on interfacing (the cloth kind that you iron behind a t-shirt block). I made a slit in the interfacing and turned the button right side out. I then ironed the button on and sew around it on the sewing machine. I love the block.

These blocks are sewed together like a Grandmother's Flower Garden.

Here is a pic of my mistake block and then the first hex and then the hex with it's button.....