View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 12:46 PM
lynn_z

Default Just could not say no!

My son doesn't want me buying any more sewing machines or bowls but he doesn't understand my needs. When I took my big black lab for his morning constitutional, I saw my neighbors were having a front yard sale. These are the ones who never mow their lawn and have questionable character. I looked around a bit and started to leave empty handed when I saw a plastic sewing machine case...price was $5. Upon opening it, there was a nice 60s Singer 237 Fashion Mate so I asked if it worked and the girl say yes. After I paid her, she remembered it didn't work but for 5 bucks I didn't care. Filthy dirty and the can of oil in the little slot had leaked out so it's pretty nasty. When I tried it out, it wanted to run but couldn't so I naturally looked it up on the internet and it said "loosen screw A" so I did....works great! Yea Google! What I especially like is the fact that I can put it on a table and have more quilt area that my workhorse New Home cabinet does. It weighs 32 pounds so I probably won't be moving it around a lot.