View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 06:08 PM
MOBRIDGE MOM

Default Bow Tuck Diaper Bag

I may have mentioned to several of you that I will be a grandmother for the second time in July. Of course I have gone grandma crazy and have made burp clothes and crocheted some baby booties too.

My son's girlfriend and I went shopping for fabric the last time they were back and bought some fabric to make a diaper bag and a blanket. I have joined the "Bow Tuck Bag" crowd and thought it would make a cute diaper bag. Before we went shopping my son advised that it couldn't be flowery because he wasn't going carry anything with flowers on it. I was proud to see that she didn't completely allow him to get his way. I was also proud that he accepted and agreed to her choices. The fabric I think is from Moda and is based on the old fashioned flash cards. I also made a blanket of the same line in different color that was already pre-quilted so only had to bind it. You will have to excuse the mess. Our youngest came home for Spring Break and the house looked like a tornado hit it because he was going through his clothes and discarding what he didn't want anymore. I included pictures of the bag empty and full of baby things I have already bought. I told you I was in Grandma mode.

Our son and his girlfriend live in Milwaukee and the reason they came back to South Dakota was for a job interview in a small town in the northwest and HE GOT THE JOB!!! That means that I will be only an hour and half from my new grandchild instead of 12 hours. It will be culture shock for Jen but hopefully she will make some great friends and find something she loves to do back here.
Attached Thumbnails 100_0056.jpg   100_0059.jpg   100_0061.jpg   100_0064.jpg