View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Holice
Banned

As both a member and an occasional speaker at guild meetings I believe treats at meetings take up valuable time.
I was scheduled to be part of a "round robin" type demo event recently. There were 4 stations set up to demo and we were to have 20 minutes for each demo. Refreshment time was so long that we only had 10 minutes for each demo...The only situation in which it seemes to work is when the refreshments are scheduled 30 minutes before the meeting and program. I personally believe it takes time and effort that could be better spent. If you are having difficulty staffing the time and getting the refreshments then perhaps it is time to discontinue. If I were in charge and had difficulty I would just tell the officials that due to the situation I could no longer do it. If the groups really wants it then someone else will step forward. Now having said all this.....there is one group whre I occasionally speak and give workshops that always has a delicious assortment of Chocolate Chip cookies just for me......