View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 09:32 PM
w7sue

I'm with you - I would have fixed it. I know there is no such thing as perfection, but I always strive for it in my quilts. I just finished the top of a charity quilt. I made it because our group was going to collect blue scrappy blocks and we had a pattern and I was merrily making away when I realized that I had flipped the lights and darks in some of the blocks - they would not work with the rest of them so I ended up making enough of the "wrong" ones to make a quilt and then some of the "right" ones to contribute to the pool of blocks for more charity quilts. At this point, I certainly won't be volunteering to take some of those blocks to assemble since I have already made one. It is 48x60 and now I need to find a back for it -- I have a longarm machine (new acquisition - so not perfect at it, but getting better) so I think I will quilt it before turning it in. I can always use the practice.

I have a "Jester's Court" on the machine right now. It has been sitting on there for over a week with me trying to figure out what to quilt on it. I finally decided to practice my meandering (with loops) and am almost done - only two more rows to go and it will be ready to pull off the longarm and bind. Not sure where this one will go - it is really bright batiks!

By the way, your quilt is beautiful!