Old 03-25-2012, 06:03 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
Hi Joe,
Don't have a Minnesota B but I noticed that the Needlebar, if your a member, has some good pictures under Davis in the photogallery. On my Davis Min "A" all this spring does is return the feed dogs to down at the end of the "stroke". A cam raises the dogs at the beginning. One end of the spring is attached to a screw and the other end goes thru a small hole in the bar that the feed dogs are attached to.
Needles are obtained easily and cheaply enough to make modifying your "B" not really necessary. Boye 10's are the easiest to use but fairly expensive unless you find a bargain. MTx190 is a common industrial needle so they have to be aligned but are inexpensive. These needles are also good for some of the Vertical Feeds if you have or add any down the road to your collection.
Good Luck
Jon
Jon,

Not a member over at Needlebar.

My machine does have the little spring you just described. It is complete and functional. But also a more stout wire or spring inboard of that one that did something. I'll take a pic of mine I guess and post it.

I have some of the MTx190s thanks to Mizkaki (Sorry Cathy I know I didn't spell that right.) But I got them after I'd started the cleaning process and haven't had any chance to try them out yet.

Joe