View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 08:44 AM
davis2se

I recently bought the Designer's Gallery Studio Plus program for $99.00. I think that was a great price, as I'm sure I recall seeing that on the DG website for close to $300.00. I am finding it sort of difficult to use though. Initially it took me 5 phone calls and about 3 hours on the DG website to even figure out how to GET to my files (absurd - I have to click on DG, then on "users" and then several other places to get my total folder of designs to come up). Once I do get there though it is really nice to be able to see each of the designs, rather than just trying to remember them by the name I assigned them when purchased. This program does not have editing features as far as I know, but I have that on my machine anyway. Before buying the software I would find a design I "thought and hoped" was the one I wanted, download it from the computer to a flash drive and then put it on my Janome to actually see the design.

I'm somewhat a newbie to machine embroidery and was surprised in a good way when I found out that the designs I've purchased through Embroidery Library and OPW are also available to me in all formats, not just the format indicated when I purchased the design. That is great for me as I have both Janome and Baby Lock machines!!!