View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 11:08 AM
Holice
Banned

come on now. I have never considered fabric to be 44-45' wide. I have had entire lines of fabric from a company and the widths differed It depends on where it is printed and the greig goods it was printed on. With the fluctuating state of cotton and fabic now being printed in several different couuntries there is going to be differenes. We just have to be dilligent in knowing what we are buying. It is my opinion that fabric manufacturers (I am talking about the Moda's, Benartex, etc etc) print on wherever they can get the fabric. I know people at these companies and I am sure they are not trying to cheat us quilters but to try and keep the supply going. Has anyone complained to the supermarkets and tuna packers about the reduction in ounces......lets be an equal opportunity society......

Several years ago I complained to a rep from one of the fabric companies whom I knew and was told "we only guarantee it to be at least 40" wide).

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-25-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: removed political statement