Thread: R.I.P. Rowenta
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Vanuatu Jill

My Rowenta Master (German made) I bought at Costco a little over a year ago started leaking after about 6 months. It wasn't all the time, so I kept using it, but the last months or so it really started leaking in earnest-out of every orifice, the base, cord, everywhere BUT the soleplate. I finally decided I had had enough, so I took it back to Costco on the outside chance they would do something about it (even after a year. I didn't have the receipt or the box, but they took it back, credited my account, and never batted an eye! LOVE COSTCO!!! I then purchased a Sunbeam Turbo Steam Master from them (half the price of the Rowenta), and it works like a charm. Because I do allot of fusible work, I also bought a really cheapo Rival at Walmart, but forget to use it when fusing. I have the Rowenta sole plate cleaner (bought several packs with coupons at Joann's) and it works great cleaning all the gunk off. I hope I have better luck with the Sunbeam. It really puts out allot of steam and so far, no leaks!