Old 03-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Caroline S

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
NICE!! Now...I think you should package up those attachments and manual right away and send them to me for inspection!! While you're at it, toss the machine in the box too!!
Uh fat chance Charlee. Just think what I went through to get her. The poor manual is so tattered and fragile so I am going to carefully straighten the pages and scan them. One of the worst worn and torn pages is the one showing how to wind the bobbin. Another page shows the exact size of the needle with an IMPORTANT NOTICE. The last sentence says "If there is no dealer in DAVIS V.F. SEWING MACHINES in your place, write directly to any office of this Company, enclosing 35 cents for one dozen needles of such sizes you may indicate. OK. I wonder if the offer is still good? Just kidding though. Does the Davis take a special size needle? Yep, I have a lot to learn. I think I may have found the name of the original owner though. Did do a little genealogical sleuthing and I think her first name may have been Elvira. Not conclusive at this point but it is a good vintage name.